Sunday, April 17, 2016

Christmas Card Challenges #20

The weeks are flying by so fast. Which means, before we all know it, Christmas will be here and you'll wish you had ALL of your cards done and ready to go ~ actually Thanksgiving, which is when I send out my cards. So, why not get started NOW and join us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.


We have an optional Photo Challenge to get you inspired. But the only real rule to play along with us is to create a Christmas/holiday card.  


I chose to go with the greys and red colors; and I threw in a tad bit of yellow for the birds. 

 I heat embossed the image using Stampin' Up! Smokey Slate embossing Powder. It gave it such a soft color, that instead of using Copics to color the image, I decided to watercolor it using pencils and ink.  It almost looks like a piece of Vellum is over the image due to the softness of the image/coloring.


Please don't look too close at the picture. I know, it looks like Santa has a glob of something stuck to his mustache.  But he doesn't.  For some reason, the EP came out darker in just that one area (ugh!!) and since I was in a rush (nothing new there, right?) I had to go with what I had.

Hop on over to see what the other Designers created this week and grab your craft supplies and join us. We love to see what you create!!



1 comment:

  1. So awesome in the grey ep and soft colouring! And I am pleased to say I have made NINE, count 'em, nine Christmas cards this year! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'